Washing machine fire sparks 999 call-out

By Adrian Darbyshire in Local People

Firefighters were called out to deal with a washing machine fire this morning (Friday) at a home in Belmont Hill, Douglas.

Two appliances from Douglas fire station attended the call-out at 8.40am. Roads in the area were closed while the emergency services were at the scene.

On arrival, fire crews were met by the occupants who had managed to isolate power to the washing machine before leaving the property.

Two officers wearing breathing apparatus located a small fire which they put out using a carbon dioxide extinguisher.

Due to the residents’ swift action, fire damage was limited to the appliance and surrounding area. A positive pressure fan was used to remove smoke from the home.

Add Comment

Add Your Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment

By posting your comment you agree to our T & C