Thursday, August 16
• Theatrix Theatre Company Musical Theatre age 8-12. (Lion King). Also Saturday Babies Irish/mod 9am. Prep Ballet/Tap 10am, Babies Ballet/Tap 11am. Musical Theatre (Disney songs. Age 5-8. Monday, Senior Ballet 4pm, Senior Tap, 5pm, Senor Jazz 5.45pm Adult Irish 6.30pm. Tuesday Community Ballet/Tap 4pm. Beginners Irish 4.45pm. Junior Irish 5.30pm. Adult Tap 6.15pm. Wednesday Grade 2 Ballet/Tap 4pm. Novice Irish 5.30pm. Adult Ballet 6.15pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas from 8.30pm. Call 670773.
• Happy Tots, Main Hall, Willaston School, 9.45am £1 per family including refreshments. Call 621577.
• Storytime for pre-schoolers, Henry Bloom Noble Library, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am. Call 696461.
• Age Concern Isle of Man free computer sessions, iMuseum, Douglas, 10am-12.30pm. Also Wednesday. Also Thursday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm; Monday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm; Tuesday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm; Wednesday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm.
• Step-In for tea, coffee, chat and music, Onchan Baptist Church, 10.30am.
• Open Day, Nunnery Campus, Isle of Man College, 11am - 3pm. If you’re interested in studying for qualifications in accountancy, bookkeeping or company and trust administration, then come along and find out more about ACCA, IAB and ICSA qualifications. Staff will be on hand to answer questions. Call 693721
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Parents and tots, Auldyn Infants School Community Room, Ramsey, 1.30pm.
• Arbory Tots, from birth upwards, Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 2pm. Cost £1 per family. Call 832394.
• Toddler Tunes, Community Room, Michael School, 2pm. Call 878090.
• The Children’s Centre Parent Support Group, informal chat with family support workers, at Douglas Family Centre, Woodbourne Road, 7-9pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
Friday, August 17
• Parents and Tots, upper room, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Call 897364.
• Willaston Weekly Drop In Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am - midday.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-midday.
• Mums and Tots, Laxey Working Men’s Institute, 10am-midday. Call 479839.
• Tiddlers, parents and tots, Elim Church, Second Avenue, Onchan, 10am. Call 434933.
• Prayers with Bears Tots group, All Saints Church Vestry, Alexandra Drive, Douglas, 10am. Call 483248.
• Parents and tots, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10am.
• Storybox, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 10.30am. Also Saturday, Sticky Finger Craft for 6 years and over, 10.30am; Wednesday, Busy Bee Time for pre-schoolers, 1.45pm. Call 673123.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-midday.
• Port Erin Lifeboat motor cycle sand Racing on the beach.. Also Sunday Port Erin Lifeboat Raft Races (Port Erin Bay).
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners midday-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. firstname.lastname@example.org 838527 or 451098.
• Onchan carers and tots, Parish Hall, Onchan, 1.15pm. Call 625328.
• Tiny Tunes, music time for 0-3s, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. £2.50. Call 673123.
• Afternoon Tea, Castletown Civic Centre, 2-4pm. In aid of IOM Anti-Cancer Association.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• Sulby and Lezayre Heritage Trust, Peel – The Way We Were, an interesting strol around Peel. Starting from Transport Museum, Mill Road at 7pm.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday. 10-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• A Caribbean Night at the Sulby Glen Hotel . 7.30pm. £19.50 for the three course meal. booking essential. Rosie SulbyGlen Hotel, 897240 for bookings
Saturday, August 18
• Great Laxey Mine Railway. Until the end of September. From 11am until 4.30pm.
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road Laxey, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Isle of Man Dance Festival. The dance festival includes participants that perform ballroom, Latin, Old time etc. It is for all grades and ages. Villa Marina, Harris Promenade, Douglas, 01624600555. Also Sunday.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10 am
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Sale of Goods from Grand Houses, St Catherine’s Church, Port Erin, 11am to 5pm, a collectors’ fair with jewellery, crystal, fine china, etc. Call 834614 for details.
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at Villa Marina, Douglas 10am-2pm.
• Manx Transport Heritage Museum Open Weekend, Brickworks, Mill Road, Peel, 1-5pm. Also Sunday with P50 car demonstration by Chris Machin.
• Milntown House Tours, Ramsey. 2.30pm. £6. Call 812321. Also Wednesday.
Sunday, August 19
• Fairy Tale Fun Day at Silverdale from noon until 4pm. Entrance is free although there will be a fee for some activities
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at S100 Clubhouse, Castletown. 1.30-3.30pm.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Old Marine Biological Station. 1.30pm.
• Car Boot Sale, Morton Hall, Castletown. 2pm. Call: 673320/481532.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
Monday, August 20
• Parents and tots, Dhoon Church Hall, 9.30am. Call 426395.
• Noah’s Ark Tots Group, Church on the Rock, behind Ramsey Bus Station, 9.30am. Call 459890.
• Breastfeeding Buddies, The Salvation Army Citadel, Ridgeway Street, Douglas. 10.30am. Call 656030.
• Parents and tots, St Olave’s Church, Ramsey, 1pm.
• Action Songs and Rhymes, from birth upwards, The Children’s Centre, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. Also Tuesday, Sulby School, 9.30am; Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 2pm; Wednesday, Auldyn School Community Room, 9.15am and 10.30am.
• Michael Miniatures’ parents and tots, Ebenezer Hall, Kirk Michael, 2pm. £1.50 per family, Call 491592.
• Vannin Bridge, Onchan Pensioners Hall, 2pm. Also Thursday.
• Onchan Silver Band practice, The Band Room, off Main Road, Onchan, beginners, 6.30pm and seniors 7.30pm.
• MS Society coffee morning, Cherry Orchard, Port Erin, 1.30pm.
Tuesday, August 21
• Fun in the school holidays at Tynwald Mills. Learn how to hula hoop, juggle, plate spin and more. Also Wednesday. Unleash your child’s creative style.
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, 11am-4pm.
• Toddle Inn, mums and tots group, Port St Mary Baptist Church, 9.30am. Also Wednesday, Living Hope Community Church, Lancashire House, Santon, 9.30am. Call 835091.
• Laxey mums and tots, Laxey Pavilion, 1pm. Call 438408.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm. £2. -
• Foxdale mums and tots, community hall, Foxdale School, 2pm. Call 420234.
• Abbey Acorns, ages four and above, the Abbey Church, Ballasalla, 3.30pm.
• Peel Footlights Youth Theatre, children aged eight-16, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 4pm. Also Thursday. Call 843819.
Wednesday, August 22
• An hour of popular music, at 7.45pm, St Thomas’s Church, Douglas.
• Parents and tots, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 9.30am. Call 627742.
• Lizards & Lichens with The Manx Wildlife Trust, Ayres Visitor Centre, 10-11.30am. No charge but donations appreciated.
• Mini Club for parents and tots, Anagh Coar School, Douglas, 10am. Also 2pm at Kirk Braddan Church. Call 675523.
• Ballabeg Busy Bugs for under fives, Arbory Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 10am. Call 429676 or email BusyBugs2009@manx.net
• Mums and tots, Marown Hall, Peel Road, Crosby, 10.15am. £1.50 per family.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan. 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Busy Bees parents and tots, Beehive Kindergarten, Onchan, 1.30pm. Also Thursday. Call 674655.
• Parent and toddler group, Castletown Youth Centre, Arbory Street, Castletown, 2pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group Evening Walk, Port Soderick Upper Car Park 7pm.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: email@example.com
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo, South Douglas Old Friends Association, Finch Road, Douglas, 8pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west