Thursday, August 30
• Theatrix Theatre Company Musical Theatre age 8-12. (Lion King). Also Saturday Babies Irish/mod 9am. Prep Ballet/Tap 10am, Babies Ballet/Tap 11am. Musical Theatre (Disney songs. Age 5-8. Monday, Senior Ballet 4pm, Senior Tap, 5pm, Senior Jazz 5.45pm Adult Irish 6.30pm. Tuesday Community Ballet/Tap 4pm. Beginners Irish 4.45pm. Junior Irish 5.30pm. Adult Tap 6.15pm. Wednesday Grade 2 Ballet/Tap 4pm. Novice Irish 5.30pm. Adult Ballet 6.15pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas from 8.30pm. Call 670773.
• Happy Tots, Main Hall, Willaston School, 9.45am £1 per family including refreshments. Call 621577.
• Storytime for pre-schoolers, Henry Bloom Noble Library, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am. Call 696461.
• Age Concern Isle of Man free computer sessions, iMuseum, Douglas, 10am-12.30pm. Also Wednesday. Also Thursday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm; Monday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm; Tuesday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm; Wednesday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm.
• Step-In for tea, coffee, chat and music, Onchan Baptist Church, 10.30am.
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Parents and tots, Auldyn Infants School Community Room, Ramsey, 1.30pm.
• Arbory Tots, from birth upwards, Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 2pm. Cost £1 per family. Call 832394.
• Toddler Tunes, Community Room, Michael School, 2pm. Call 878090.
• The Children’s Centre Parent Support Group, informal chat with family support workers, at Douglas Family Centre, Woodbourne Road, 7-9pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Great Laxey Mine Railway. Until the end of September. Saturdays. From 11am until 4.30pm.
Friday, August 31
• Parents and Tots, upper room, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Call 897364.
• Willaston Weekly Drop In Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am - midday.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-midday.
• Mums and Tots, Laxey Working Men’s Institute, 10am-midday. Call 479839.
• Tiddlers, parents and tots, Elim Church, Second Avenue, Onchan, 10am. Call 434933.
• Prayers with Bears Tots group, All Saints Church Vestry, Alexandra Drive, Douglas, 10am. Call 483248.
• Parents and tots, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10am.
• Garage Sale, at the rear of Crossroads Charity Shop, Victoria Street, Douglas. Opens 10am until 4pm.
• Storybox, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 10.30am. Also Saturday, Sticky Finger Craft for 6 years and over, 10.30am; Wednesday, Busy Bee Time for pre-schoolers, 1.45pm. Call 673123.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-midday.
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners midday-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. firstname.lastname@example.org 838527 or 451098.
• Onchan carers and tots, Parish Hall, Onchan, 1.15pm. Call 625328.
• Tiny Tunes, music time for 0-3s, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. £2.50. Call 673123.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday. 10-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• 2012 Manx Motorcycle Prize Presentation. Royal Hall. Tickets £5. 9pm.
Saturday, September 1
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road Laxey, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers Market, at Villa Marina, Douglas 10am-2pm.
• Milntown House Tours, Ramsey. 2.30pm. £6. Call 812321. Also Wednesday.
Sunday, September 2
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Collectors Fair, Moreton Hall, Castletown. 2-5pm, Admission 50p for Anti-Cancer (Port Erin Branch).
Monday, September 3
• Parents and tots, Dhoon Church Hall, 9.30am. Call 426395.
• Noah’s Ark Tots Group, Church on the Rock, behind Ramsey Bus Station, 9.30am. Call 459890.
• Breastfeeding Buddies, The Salvation Army Citadel, Ridgeway Street, Douglas. 10.30am. Call 656030.
• Parents and tots, St Olave’s Church, Ramsey, 1pm.
• Michael Miniatures’ parents and tots, Ebenezer Hall, Kirk Michael, 2pm. £1.50 per family, Call 491592.
• Vannin Bridge, Onchan Pensioners Hall, 2pm. Also Thursday.
• Onchan Silver Band practice, The Band Room, off Main Road, Onchan, beginners, 6.30pm and seniors 7.30pm.
• A service to mark the Inauguration of the Parish of The West Coast and to welcome of the Very Revd Nigel Godfrey as first incumbent of the new parish. 7.30pm in the Royal Chapel of St. John the Baptist, St. John’s.
Tuesday, September 4
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, 11am-4pm.
• Toddle Inn, mums and tots group, Port St Mary Baptist Church, 9.30am. Also Wednesday, Living Hope Community Church, Lancashire House, Santon, 9.30am. Call 835091.
• Laxey mums and tots, Laxey Pavilion, 1pm. Call 438408.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm. £2.
• Foxdale mums and tots, community hall, Foxdale School, 2pm. Call 420234.
• Abbey Acorns, ages four and above, the Abbey Church, Ballasalla, 3.30pm.
• Peel Footlights Youth Theatre, children aged eight-16, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 4pm. Also Thursday. Call 843819.
Wednesday, September 5
• An hour of popular music, at 7.45pm, St Thomas’s Church, Douglas.
• Parents and tots, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 9.30am. Call 627742.
• Mini Club for parents and tots, Anagh Coar School, Douglas, 10am. Also 2pm at Kirk Braddan Church. Call 675523.
• Ballabeg Busy Bugs for under fives, Arbory Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 10am. Call 429676 or email BusyBugs2009@manx.net
• Mums and tots, Marown Hall, Peel Road, Crosby, 10.15am. £1.50 per family.
• MS Society coffee morning, Harbour Lights, St Paul’s Square, Ramsey, 10.30am-midday.
• Independent Living Centre, Open Day, Ballakermeen Rd. 9.30am-3.30pm. Call 642511.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan. 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Busy Bees parents and tots, Beehive Kindergarten, Onchan, 1.30pm. Also Thursday. Call 674655.
• Parent and toddler group, Castletown Youth Centre, Arbory Street, Castletown, 2pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: email@example.com
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo, South Douglas Old Friends Association, Finch Road, Douglas, 8pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 35 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North