Thursday, October 11
• Theatrix Theatre Company Musical Theatre age 8-12. Also Saturday Babies Irish/mod, 9am, Prep Ballet/Tap, 10am, Babies Ballet/Tap, 11am. Musical Theatre, age 5-8, Monday, Senior Ballet, 4pm, Senior Tap, 5pm, Senior Jazz, 5.45pm, Adult Irish 6.30pm. Tuesday, Community Ballet/Tap, 4pm, Beginners Irish, 4.45pm. Junior Irish, 5.30pm, Adult Tap, 6.15pm. Wednesday, Grade 2 Ballet/Tap, 4pm, Novice Irish, 5.30pm, Adult Ballet, 6.15pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas from 8.30pm. Call 670773.
• Happy Tots, Main Hall, Willaston School, 9.45am £1 per family including refreshments. Call 621577.
• Storytime for pre-schoolers, Henry Bloom Noble Library, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am. Call 696461.
• Age Concern Isle of Man free computer sessions, iMuseum, Douglas, 10am-12.30pm. Also Wednesday. Also Thursday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm; Monday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm; Tuesday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm; Wednesday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Parents and tots, Auldyn Infants School Community Room, Ramsey, 1.30pm.
• Arbory Tots, from birth, Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 2pm. Cost £1 per family. Call 832394.
• Toddler Tunes, Community Room, Michael School, 2pm. Call 878090.
• The Children’s Centre Parent Support Group, informal chat with family support workers, at Douglas Family Centre, Woodbourne Road, 7-9pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
Friday, October 12
• Baby and Toddler Group every Friday 9.30am to 11.30am at Glen Maye Community Centre. All pre-school children welcome. Refreshments provided. No charge but donations welcome. Call 845681.
• Parents and Tots, upper room, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Call 897364.
• Willaston Weekly Drop In Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am - noon.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-noon.
• Mums and Tots, Laxey Working Men’s Institute, 10am-noon. Call 479839.
• Tiddlers, parents and tots, Elim Church, Second Avenue, Onchan, 10am. Call 434933.
• Prayers with Bears Tots group, All Saints Church Vestry, Alexandra Drive, Douglas, 10am. Call 483248.
• Parents and tots, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10am.
• Garage Sale, at the back of Crossroads Charity Shop, Victoria Street, Douglas. 10am until 4pm.
• Storybox, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 10.30am. Also Saturday, Sticky Finger Craft for 6 years and over, 10.30am; Wednesday, Busy Bee Time for pre-schoolers, 1.45pm. Call 673123.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Car Boot Sale, Mill Road, Peel. (By Moores Kipper plant) noon-2.30pm. Set up from 10am. Cars £5, Vans £7. Information telephone 801200.
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. firstname.lastname@example.org 838527 or 451098.
• Friday Lunchtime Choir, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas. 1.15pm.
• Onchan carers and tots, Parish Hall, Onchan, 1.15pm. Call 625328.
• Tiny Tunes, music time for 0-3s, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. £2.50. Call 673123.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• The Link - interesting talks and a buffet supper. Onchan Baptist Church. Call 623415.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday. 10-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• The Link (interesting talks and a buffet supper), Onchan Baptist Church. 7.30pm.
Saturday, October 13
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road Laxey, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Garage sale. 10am-2pm. Off Shoprite roundabout.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am • Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• IOM Torch Fellowship Group (meeting for the visually impaired). Call 622830 for venue details.
Sunday, October 14
• Sunday School, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Also youth group for school years 7+ at 7pm. Call 450104.
• St John’s Chapel Harvest Festival: 11am gift service, 5pm harvest tea and 6.30pm short informal service. Also Monday, 7.30pm St John’s Chapel Mhellia at the Tynwald Inn.
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Car Boot. Legion Hall, Janet Corner. 12-4pm. Call Kath on 824759.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Studio 1, The Harbour, Ramsey. 7.15pm. Call Gary 817735.
Monday, October 15
• Kittens tots and carers group, St Ninian’s Church, Douglas, 10.30am. £1 per family. Call 629683.
• Parents and tots, Dhoon Church Hall, 9.30am. Call 426395.
• Noah’s Ark Tots Group, Church on the Rock, behind Ramsey Bus Station, 9.30am. Call 459890.
• Breastfeeding Buddies, The Salvation Army Citadel, Ridgeway Street, Douglas. 10.30am. Call 656030.
• Roll’n’Play for preschoolers, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10.30am.
• Parents and tots, St Olave’s Church, Ramsey, 1pm.
• Peel Toddler Group, Corrin Hall, Peel, 1.30pm.
• Action Songs and Rhymes, from birth, The Children’s Centre, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. Also Tuesday, Sulby School, 9.30am; Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 2pm; Wednesday, Auldyn School Community Room, 9.15am and 10.30am.
• Michael Miniatures’ parents and tots, Ebenezer Hall, Kirk Michael, 2pm. £1.50 per family. Call 491592.
• Vannin Bridge, Onchan Pensioners Hall, 2pm. Also Thursday.
• Onchan Silver Band practice, The Band Room, off Main Road, Onchan, beginners, 6.30pm and seniors 7.30pm.
• St John’s Chapel Mhellia at the Tynwald Inn at 7.30pm.
Tuesday, October 16
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Parents and tots group, Cronk-y-Berry School side entrance, 9.30am. Admission £1, Call 469756. Also Thursday, 1.30pm.
• Toddle Inn, mums and tots group, Port St Mary Baptist Church, 9.30am. Also Wednesday, Living Hope Community Church, Lancashire House, Santon, 9.30am. Call 835091.
• Laxey mums and tots, Laxey Pavilion, 1pm. Call 438408.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Foxdale mums and tots, community hall, Foxdale School, 2pm. Call 420234.
• Abbey Acorns, ages four+ at the Abbey Church, Ballasalla, 3.30pm.
• Peel Footlights Youth Theatre, children aged eight-16, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 4pm. Also Thursday. Call 843819.
Wednesday, October 17
• Parents and tots, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 9.30am. Call 627742.
• Mini Club for parents or carers and their babies, toddlers and pre-school children at Anagh Coar School 9.30am or Braddan Church Hall 2pm. Call 675091.
• Ballabeg Busy Bugs for under fives, Arbory Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 10am. Call 429676 or email BusyBugs2009@manx.net
• Mums and tots, Marown Hall, Peel Road, Crosby, 10.15am. £1.50 per family.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Busy Bees parents and tots, Beehive Kindergarten, Onchan, 1.30pm. Also Thursday. Call 674655.
• Parent and toddler group, Castletown Youth Centre, Arbory Street, Castletown, 2pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: email@example.com
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo, South Douglas Old Friends Association, Finch Road, Douglas, 8pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 38 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North