Thursday, October 18
• Theatrix Theatre Company Musical Theatre age 8-12. Also Saturday Babies Irish/mod, 9am. Prep Ballet/Tap, 10am, Babies Ballet/Tap, 11am. Musical Theatre, age 5-8. Monday, Senior Ballet, 4pm, Senior Tap, 5pm, Senor Jazz, 5.45pm Adult Irish, 6.30pm. Tuesday Community Ballet/Tap, 4pm. Beginners Irish, 4.45pm. Junior Irish, 5.30pm. Adult Tap, 6.15pm. Wednesday Grade 2 Ballet/Tap, 4pm. Novice Irish, 5.30pm. Adult Ballet, 6.15pm.
• Happy Tots, Main Hall, Willaston School, 9.45am, £1 per family including refreshments. Call 621577.
• Storytime for pre-schoolers, Henry Bloom Noble Library, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am. Call 696461.
• Age Concern Isle of Man free computer sessions, iMuseum, Douglas, 10am-12.30pm. Also Wednesday. Also Thursday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm; Monday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm; Tuesday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm; Wednesday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Northern Ladies Luncheon Club, Ramsey Golf Club, 12.15-12.45pm. Guest Speaker Gerry Jones – Community First Responders.
• Parents and tots, Auldyn Infants School Community Room, Ramsey, 1.30pm.
• Arbory Tots, from birth, Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 2pm. Cost £1 per family. Call 832394.
• Toddler Tunes, Community Room, Michael School, 2pm. Call 878090.
• The Children’s Centre Parent Support Group, informal chat with family support workers, at Douglas Family Centre, Woodbourne Road, 7-9pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Tomorrow Thursday 18th - 7.30pm The Town Hall, Ramsey - Exlploring Underwater, a presentation by Maura Mitchell, Ramsey Town Hall, 7.30pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
Friday, October 19
• Tiddlers, parents and tots, Elim Church, Second Avenue, Onchan, 10am. Call 434933.
• Prayers with Bears Tots group, All Saints Church Vestry, Alexandra Drive, Douglas, 10am. Call 483248.
• Parents and tots, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10am.
• Garage Sale at the back of Crossroads Charity Shop, Victoria Street, Douglas. 10am until 4pm.
• Storybox, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 10.30am. Also Saturday, Sticky Finger Craft for 6 years and over, 10.30am; Wednesday, Busy Bee Time for pre-schoolers, 1.45pm. Call 673123.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. email@example.com 838527 or 451098.
• Friday Lunchtime Choir, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas. 1.15pm.
• Onchan carers and tots, Parish Hall, Onchan, 1.15pm. Call 625328.
• Tiny Tunes, music time for 0-3s, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. £2.50. Call 673123.
• Graduation ceremony IOM Higher Education, 2pm, St German’s Cathedral. Also Saturday, Harvest Workshop followed by fish and chip supper, 3pm-6.30pm, and Sunday. All Age Service, - A Home Made Harvest. 10.30am. - 3.30pm, Installation of Rev Dr. Jules Gomes as Canon Theologian.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunda, 10-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• The Link (interesting talks and a buffet supper), Onchan Baptist Church. 7.30pm.
• Once and for All, A Christian Aid multi media presentation, Braddan Church at 7.30pm
Saturday, October 20
• The Milntown Restaurant Spice Night. Back for the winter. Call 818091 to book.
• Coffee Morning at Glen Maye Chapel and Community Centre. 10am.
• British Red Cross Coffee Morning, 10am-12.30pm. Loch Prom Methodist Church, Douglas. Admission £1.50. Refreshments, stalls.
• St Ninian’s Lower School at Bemahague, Onchan, to the public 10am - 1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• IOM Torch Fellowship Group (meeting for the visually impaired). Call 622830 for venue details.
• Hospice Isle of Man Indian Meal, Methodist Hall, Ramsey. Call Christine Bathgate on 880483.
• ME Support(IOM) meet for tea, coffee, chat, at Ramsey Swimming Pool Cafe at 2pm.
• Quiz at the Columba Club, 8pm. For the Isle of Man branch of the Anthony Nolan Trust. £5. Call 670386 or 460763 to reserve a place.
Sunday, October 21
• Sunday School, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Also youth group for school years 7+, 7pm. Call 450104.
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Car Boot, Legion Hall, Janet Corner. 12-4pm. Call Kath on 824759.
• Great Laxey Mine Railway Hop Tu Naa Ghost Trains at Valley Gardens. 1pm - 7pm. £2 adult, £1 child.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at S.100 Clubhouse, Castletown. 1.30-3.30pm.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Foxdale School. 1.30pm.
• Car Boot Sale, Morton Hall, Castletown. 2pm. Call 673320/481532.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Studio 1, The Harbour, Ramsey. 7.15pm. Call Gary 817735.
Monday, October 22
• Kittens tots and carers group, St Ninian’s Church, Douglas, 10.30am. £1 per family. Call 629683.
• Parents and tots, Dhoon Church Hall, 9.30am. Call 426395.
• Noah’s Ark Tots Group, Church on the Rock, behind Ramsey Bus Station, 9.30am. Call 459890.
• Breastfeeding Buddies, The Salvation Army Citadel, Ridgeway Street, Douglas. 10.30am. Call 656030.
• Roll’n’Play for preschoolers, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10.30am.
• Coffee morning and chat, St George’s Church Hall, Upper Church Street, Douglas, 10.30am-12.30pm.
• Parents and tots, St Olave’s Church, Ramsey, 1pm.
• Peel Toddler Group, Corrin Hall, Peel, 1.30pm.
• Action Songs and Rhymes, from birth, The Children’s Centre, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. Also Tuesday, Sulby School, 9.30am; Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 2pm; Wednesday, Auldyn School Community Room, 9.15am and 10.30am.
• Michael Miniatures’ parents and tots, Ebenezer Hall, Kirk Michael, 2pm. £1.50 per family. Call 491592.
• Vannin Bridge, Onchan Pensioners Hall, 2pm. Also Thursday.
• Onchan Silver Band practice, The Band Room, off Main Road, Onchan, beginners, 6.30pm and seniors 7.30pm.
• Milntown House Experience with Isle of Man Ghost Tours. 7pm and 8.30pm. Call Alan Shaw 416824.
• Mothers’ Union, Talk by Helen Parry about General Meeting held in June in Llandudno. 7.30pm. The Deanery.
Tuesday, October 23
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Parents and tots group, Cronk-y-Berry School side entrance, 9.30am. Admission £1, Call 469756. Also Thursday, 1.30pm.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm. £2.
• Foxdale mums and tots, community hall, Foxdale School, 2pm. Call 420234.
• Abbey Acorns, ages four+ at the Abbey Church, Ballasalla, 3.30pm.
• Parkinsons Disease DROP IN at the Palace Hotel,Douglas, 10am to 3pm.
Wednesday, October 24
• Parents and tots, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 9.30am. Call 627742.
• Mini Club for parents or carers and their babies, toddlers and pre-school children at Anagh Coar School 9.30am or Braddan Church Hall, 2pm. Call 675091.
• Ballabeg Busy Bugs for under fives, Arbory Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 10am. Call 429676 or email BusyBugs2009@manx.net
• Mums and tots, Marown Hall, Peel Road, Crosby, 10.15am. £1.50 per family.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Busy Bees parents and tots, Beehive Kindergarten, Onchan, 1.30pm. Also Thursday. Call 674655.
• Parent and toddler group, Castletown Youth Centre, Arbory Street, Castletown, 2pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• The Manx Association of Counselling presentation on Understanding Attachment. Community Mental Health Team Training room, Central Community Health Centre, Westmorland Rd. Douglas.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo, South Douglas Old Friends Association, Finch Road, Douglas, 8pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 9 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East