Thursday, November 1
• Storytime for pre-schoolers, Henry Bloom Noble Library, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am. Call 696461.
• Fairtrade Sale at Cooill Chapel Hall, 10am-7pm. Lunches served noon - 2pm in aid of Tearfund’s West African Famine Appeal. Daily until Saturday.
• Age Concern Isle of Man free computer sessions, iMuseum, Douglas, 10am-12.30pm. Also Wednesday. Also Thursday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm; Monday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm; Tuesday, Ramsey Town Hall, 10am-12.30pm; Wednesday, Southlands, Port St Mary, 2-4.30pm.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, St John’s Arboretum, 10.30am. Also Sunday, Bradda Glen Car Park, 1.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Parents and tots, Auldyn Infants School Community Room, Ramsey, 1.30pm.
• Arbory Tots, from birth, Parish Hall, Ballabeg, 2pm. Cost £1 per family. Call 832394.
• Toddler Tunes, Community Room, Michael School, 2pm. Call 878090.
• The Children’s Centre Parent Support Group, informal chat with family support workers, at Douglas Family Centre, Woodbourne Road, 7-9pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
Friday, November 2
• Save the Children’s annual Festival of Trees launch night, including KWC choir and seasonal refreshments at Ronaldsway Airport at 6.30pm. The festival runs to January 6.
• Willaston Weekly Drop In Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am - noon.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-noon.
• Parents and Tots, upper room, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Call 897364. Also Sparks after school club with themed activities at 3.45pm.
• Mums and Tots, Laxey Working Men’s Institute, 10am-noon. Call 479839.
• Crackers, Autumn and Christmas family fun. Sulby Methodist Church.
• Storybox, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 10.30am. Also Saturday, Sticky Finger Craft for 6 years and over, 10.30am; Wednesday, Busy Bee Time for pre-schoolers, 1.45pm. Call 673123.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. Call 838527 or 451098.
• Onchan carers and tots, Parish Hall, Onchan, 1.15pm. Call 625328.
• Tiny Tunes, music time for 0-3s, Family Library, Westmoreland Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. £2.50. Call 673123.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Bonfire and Fireworks extravaganza at Michael School Field, 6.30pm. Bonfire at 7pm, fireworks at 7.30pm.
• Hospice Isle of Man Pearl Ball, Launch of Hospice’s 30th Anniversary Celebrations, Royal Hall, Villa Marina, 7.30pm till Midnight.
Saturday, November 3
• Coffee Morning, 10am-noon, Ramsey Town Hall in aid of Poppy Appeal.
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road Laxey, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Life in the Cosmos, Howard Parkin. 10am-5pm. Fee £30. The Stable Building, Centre for Manx Studies, Douglas.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Electric Railways Winter Photography. Meet at Derby Castle at 10.30am. Tickets £10. Call 600555.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group Saturday Walk, Bradda Glen Car Park, 10.30am.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• St Jude’s Fair, from 11am to 3pm. Thie’ny’gaelgey. Homemade soup and roll (£3.50).
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Villa Marina, Douglas 10am-2pm.
• Country Chic Christmas Fair at the Braaid Hall, 1pm-5pm.
• Peel Youth Club Car Boot Sale. Peel Youth Centre. 1pm-4pm. Call Val 320517. Kim 318677.
• Crossroads Care, Legal Murder, an interactive murder mystery at Columba Club, Douglas. £15. Call 673103.
Sunday, November 4
• Sunday School, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am. Also youth group for school years 7+, 7pm. Call 450104.
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Car Boot, Legion Hall, Janet Corner. 12-4pm. Call Kath on 824759.
• Car Boot Sale at Unit 9, Spring Valley Ind Est, 12 - 3pm. £5 per space. Call Jo on 613131. All proceeds to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Isle of Man.
• Table Top Sale, Marown Primary School, 1pm-3.30pm.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group Sunday Walk, Fenella Beach, 1.30pm.
• Collectors Fair 2-4pm, Morton Hall, Castletown. Entry 50p for Anti-Cancer.
• Evensong sung by Kirk Braddan Choir 3.30pm. 4.30pm All Souls/All Saints Service at 4.30pm. St German’s Cathedral.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Studio 1, The Harbour, Ramsey. 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, November 5
• Breastfeeding Buddies, The Salvation Army Citadel, Ridgeway Street, Douglas, 10.30am. Call 656030.
• Roll’n’Play for preschoolers, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 10.30am.
• Coffee morning and chat, St George’s Church Hall, Upper Church Street, Douglas, 10.30am-12.30pm.
• Parents and tots, St Olave’s Church, Ramsey, 1pm.
• Peel Toddler Group, Corrin Hall, Peel, 1.30pm.
• Action Songs and Rhymes, from birth, The Children’s Centre, Woodbourne Road, Douglas, 1.30pm. Also Tuesday, Sulby School, 9.30am; Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 2pm; Wednesday, Auldyn School Community Room, 9.15am and 10.30am.
• Michael Miniatures’ parents and tots, Ebenezer Hall, Kirk Michael, 2pm. £1.50 per family. Call 491592.
• Vannin Bridge, Onchan Pensioners Hall, 2pm. Also Thursday.
• Isle of Man Railways. Ride the Rocket. Departs Douglas at 5.45pm. Tickets £12 and £6 child. Call 600555.
• Onchan Silver Band practice, The Band Room, off Main Road, Onchan, beginners, 6.30pm and seniors 7.30pm.
Tuesday, November 6
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Parents and tots group, Cronk-y-Berry School side entrance, 9.30am. Admission £1. Call 469756. Also Thursday, 1.30pm.
• Toddle Inn, mums and tots group, Port St Mary Baptist Church, 9.30am. Also Wednesday, Living Hope Community Church, Lancashire House, Santon, 9.30am. Call 835091.
• Laxey mums and tots, Laxey Pavilion, 1pm. Call 438408.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm. £2.
• Foxdale mums and tots, community hall, Foxdale School, 2pm. Call 420234.
• Abbey Acorns, ages four+ at the Abbey Church, Ballasalla, 3.30pm.
• Peel Footlights Youth Theatre, children aged eight-16, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 4pm. Also Thursday. Call 843819.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Hall. 7.30pm. £2. Raffle and refreshment.
• Ramsey Gardening Club, Quayle Hall, Waterloo Road, Ramsey, 7.30pm, Maureen Dadd, Glen Roy Gardens.
• My True-Love Hath My Heart - a talk by Michael Hoy MBE at the Centre for Manx Studies, Douglas. £60.
Wednesday, November 7
• Mums and tots, Marown Hall, Peel Road, Crosby, 10.15am. £1.50 per family.
• MS Society coffee morning, Harbour Lights, St Paul’s Square, Ramsey, 10.30am-midday.
• Independent Living Centre, Open Day, Ballakermeen Rd. 9.30am-3.30pm. Call 642511.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Busy Bees parents and tots, Beehive Kindergarten, Onchan, 1.30pm. Also Thursday. Call 674655.
• Parent and toddler group, Castletown Youth Centre, Arbory Street, Castletown, 2pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: email@example.com
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Monthly Textile Workshop with Lorraine Cleasby at the Erin Arts Centre at 10.30am. All materials provided. EAC members, £5. Non-members, £8.
• Bingo, South Douglas Old Friends Association, Finch Road, Douglas, 8pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west