Thursday, February 7
• Age Concern - Free Computer Training Sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm, Wednesday, Douglas, Drinkwater Street. Also Monday and Tuesday afternoons 2pm-4.30pm
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, St. John’s Railway Car Park, 10.30am. Also Sunday, River Road, Peel, 1.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas from 8.30pm. Call 670773.
Friday, February 8
• Willaston Weekly Drop In Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am-noon.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-noon.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. email@example.com Call 838527 or 451098.
• Friday Lunchtime Choir, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 1.15pm.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• Joint Fundraising Dinner with the Isle of Man Swimming Association at the Mount Murray Hotel, 7.30pm. Tickets £45 available from the Hospice fundraising team.
• The Link - interesting talks and a buffet supper, Onchan Baptist Church. Call 623415.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
Saturday, February 9
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road Laxey, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am • Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Special Chinese New Year evening at The Sulby Glen Hotel. Menu can be viewed at www.sulbyglen.net
Sunday, February 10
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Car Boot, Legion Hall, Janet Corner. 12-4pm. Call Kath on 824759.
• Car Boot Sale, Onchan Community Centre, noon-3pm. Sellers £6.
• Car Boot Sale, Morton Hall, Castletown. Call 673320/481532.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Studio 1, The Harbour, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, February 11
• Peel Branch Mothers’ Union meeting, Dr Peter Litman, Life and Music, The Deanery, 7.30pm. Also Tuesday Pancake Coffee Morning, 10.15am-11.45am. Corrin Hall, Peel. Free admission.
Tuesday, February 12
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Friendly Lunch, Royal British Legion, Port Erin, 12.30pm, £3.50. Pay on the door.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Peel Footlights Youth Theatre, children aged eight-16, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 4pm. Also Thursday. Call 843819.
Wednesday, February 13
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Lent Lunch, Corrin Hall Annex, Peel, 12.15pm. (Every Wednesday until March 20). Ash Wednesday Eucharist, St. German, Peel, 7.30pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: email@example.com
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South west