The launch of Isle of Man Newspapers’ Awards for Excellence 2014 took place at the Claremont Hotel.
The event was attended by representatives from government and this year’s event sponsors.
Trudi Williamson, deputy chairman of Isle of Man Newspapers, welcomed the guests, saying: ‘We are now in the ninth year of the Awards for Excellence. This is an achievement in itself and one we clearly couldn’t have managed without the support of all those companies who have generously sponsored the awards during this time, so we thank them all.
‘We must give a special mention to the Isle of Man Government and our lead sponsors, RBS International, both of whom have supported us ever since the event started, and to those companies who are sponsors for this year’s Awards.
‘Once again, we have 16 award categories and we look forward to receiving entries from companies, individuals, charities and the public sector. Last year we had the highest number of entries we have ever had and we are aiming to do even better this year.’
Entries for Isle of Man Newspapers’ Awards for Excellence close on September 30.
Entry forms and more information on the award categories will be available at www.iomtoday.co.im/afe in due course.
This year’s Awards Night will be held on November 20 at the Villa Marina.
Isle of Man Newspapers’ Awards for Excellence 2014 List of Award categories and sponsors:
Lead Sponsor - RBS International
1. The Isle of Man Bank Award for Business Person of the Year
2. The Continent 8 technologies Award for Charity, Cultural and Social Enterprise
3. The Celton Manx Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
4. The Claremont Hotel Award for Customer Service
5. The AXA Wealth International Award for Company of the Year
6. The Domicilium (IOM) Award for Excellence in Use of Technology
7. The Isle of Man Government Award for Freedom to Flourish
8. The Thomas Miller Award for Innovation and Independent Thinking
9. The Canaccord Genuity Wealth Award for International Business of the Year
10. The Pokerstars Award for Marketing & PR Effectiveness
11. The First Names Group Award for Small Enterprise of the Year
12. The Microgaming Award for Public Sector Achievement
13. The Riva Financial Systems Award for Teamwork
14. The Tynwald Mills Award for Volunteer of the Year
15. The Friends Provident International Award for Young Achiever of the Year
16. The Derivco Isle of Man Award for Medium Enterprise of the Year.