DOUGLAS fire crews tackled a house fire in Governor’s Hill, Douglas, possibly started by a cosmetics mirror on Saturday afternoon.
The emergency services were called out at 4.30pm by neighbours who reported seeing smoke in the lounge and hearing a dog barking inside the empty property.
The cause of the fire is thought to have been reflected sunlight from a magnifying cosmetics mirror which ignited the curtains in the rear lounge.
The fire damage was confined to the curtains and a small area of wall and the ceiling above.
Upon their arrival, the fire fighters forced entry into the home using a specialist door breaking device.
They spent about half an hour at the incident, using a high pressure hose to put the fire out.
No one was hurt and the dog escaped unharmed.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Isle of Man
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South