Firefighters called out to kitchen blaze

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen blaze in Oak Avenue, Pulrose, yesterday (Sunday) evening.

The alarm was raised by a concerned neighbour at about 9pm, after flames were spotted coming out of the kitchen window of a property.

Firefighters entered the building to find that an oven ring had been left on and had ignited a plate of cakes that were being stored on the cooker.

Crews quickly extinguished the flames and ventilated the property, which had suffered minor smoke damage. There were no people in the property at the time.

A fire service spokesman reminded people not to leave on unattended cookers.

Back to the top of the page