Firefighters were called to incidents at three different hotels overnight on Friday/Saturday.
A door frame had been set alight by a discarded cigarette at the Mount Murray Hotel in Santon.
The fire was quickly put out and the affected area of the door frame was cut away to ensure no further fire spread.
The officer in charge of the first appliance, Leading Fireman Kirby, praised the actions of the hotel staff for a prompt evacuation of the hotel and noted that all procedures had been followed.
Crews, who were called out at 12.55am on Saturday, remained there for about 20 minutes.
A few hours later firefighters were called to the Sefton Hotel, Harris Promenade, Douglas.
A stack of cotton towels in the beauty salon had caught fire.
The fire was quickly extinguished and the towels removed from the premises.
A fire service spokesman said: ‘Unfortunately, due to the excessive fumes given off by these burning towels, all floors within the hotel were then required to be ventilated by use of positive pressure ventilation fans. Due to the layout of the premises, full ventilation of the building took a considerable amount of time and crews remained in attendance till 8am.’
The cause of the fire was the spontaneous combustion of the towels.
The towels had remnants of sesame oil which remained engrained in the cotton towels following laundry.
The towels were then dried in a tumble dryer before being folded while warm and then stacked for reuse.
A fire spokesman said: ‘These conditions allowed the sesame oil and cotton cloth to react exothermically resulting in the spontaneous combustion of the towel.’
He gave the following advice: ‘If using tumble dryers please ensure articles of clothing or towelling are left to cool before folding/stacking.’
At about 11.30pm on Friday, fire crews were called to the Palace Hotel on Central Promenade, Douglas.
An alarm had been set off by a smoke detector operating in one of the guest bedrooms.
The occupier had been smoking within the room, which was against the hotel policy.