Firefighters deal with boiler blaze

0
Have your say

FIRE crews were called to a domestic boiler that was on fire in a property in Peel on Tuesday.

Two crews attended the scene at 9.16 am on Tuesday.

The fire was extinguished by the crews, who were wearing breathing apparatus, by isolating the fuel supply.

They then ventilated the property using a motorised ventilation fan.

The sole occupier of the property in Lake Lane, Peel, managed to escape the fire prior to the arrival of fire crews and was uninjured.

Equipment used at the scene included breathing apparatus, hose reel, thermal image camera and a ventilation fan.

The fire service has issued a safety message following the incident.

They urged householdes: ‘Please ensure that domestic boilers are regularly serviced and that you have fully operational smoke alarms within you premises.

For a free home safety visit by the Isle of Man Fire & Rescue Service please telephone 647303 or alternatively contact us using our website www.iomfire.com

Back to the top of the page