DCSIMG

Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze in Castletown

Isle of Man Fire Service

Isle of Man Fire Service

Firefighters from Castletown were called out to tackle a kitchen blaze yesterday (Saturday) at 6.20pm after a chip pan was left unattended.

The incident happened at Orry Place, Castletown, and the home owner had successfully put out the fire by the time crews arrived by putting a damp cloth over the pan.

A statement from the Isle of Man Fire Service said: ‘She had inhaled an amount of smoke and was treated on scene by fire fighting personnel using an oxygen therapy unit. She did not require hospital treatment but the Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service would like to emphasise that the best policy when faced with a fire in the home is to get out, stay out and call 999. Don’t try to tackle the fire yourself, and never go back into a burning building.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page