Neighbours raise the alarm

News from the fire service

News from the fire service

Have your say

Neighbours raised the alarm after they heard a smoke alarm in a nearby property in Ballahane Close, Port Erin, yesterday (Monday).

Firefighters forced their way inside.

The kitchen floor boards and joists had been burnt away after an electrical fault started a fire.

The flooring was removed to ensure that the fire had been fully put out.

Crews were there for two hours making the property safe.

A fire spokesman said: ‘Damage was confined to the kitchen thanks to the quick thinking of the neighbours. Smoke detectors save lives but also mitigate damage to properties by helping raise the alarm.’

Back to the top of the page