DCSIMG

Pan left on stove prompts fire alert

Fire service photograph

Fire service photograph

A pan left on a stove prompted a fire service call-out this morning.

At about 11.25am, firefighters from the Peel station responded to the report of a smoke alarm sounding and smoke coming out of a property in Beach Street, Peel.

Nobody inside the property and firefighters found that the smoke was being generated by a pan left on the stove but that there was no fire

The property was vented using a fan to clear the smoke and there was no obvious damage to the kitchen or the rest of the house.

The road in the area had to be closed while fire crews were in attendance.

A fire service spokesman said: ‘We would like to thank those people affected for their patience and the person making the 999 call for their timely actions.’

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page