Steam Packet sailing cancelled

The Ben-my-Chree

The Ben-my-Chree

Have your say

This morning’s Steam Packet service from Douglas to Heysham has been cancelled because of the stormy weather.

The Ben-my-Chree is again sheltering in port.

It obviously means there will be no return sailing from Heysham this afternoon.

A decision on whether tonight’s 7.45pm service from Douglas will sail will be made by 2pm today.

Last night’s sailing was also cancelled. Several sailings were cancelled or disrupted last month, although, in a highly unusual move, the Ben-my-Chree did sail on Christmas Day to transport passengers and cargo to the island.

For the latest from the Steam Packet, click here.

Back to the top of the page