UPDATED STORY: Steam Packet will not sail tonight

The Ben-my-Chree

The Ben-my-Chree

Have your say

The Steam Packet has decided to cancel tonight’s service from Douglas to Heysham because of the forecast bad weather.

Earlier today, it warned passengers that the 7.45pm Ben-my-Chree service was subject to disruption or cancellation.

The decision to cancel obviously has a knock-on effect on the 2.15am return tomorrow, which is also cancelled.

The company is also warning that tomorrow’s sailings are subject to cancellation or disruption.

It will decide whether the morning service from Douglas will sail by 7am.

The Steam Packet suffered several service cancellations and alterations last month because of the windy weather.

The Ben-my-Chree even sailed in the early hours of Christmas Day to get passengers and cargo stuck in England over to the island.

For the latest from the Steam Packet, click here.

Back to the top of the page