UNDER-18s are invited to audition for a part in an autumn production of Bugsy Malone.
This will be the next show by JT Productions and is to be performed at the Gaiety Theatre in October.
Auditions are to be held on the weekend of March 12 and 13. Youngsters aged eight to 17 are welcome to try for a role in the exciting all-teen ensemble which will take to the stage between October 11 and 15.
James Turpin of JT Productions said: ‘Bugsy Malone hasn’t been done at the Gaiety Theatre for well over 10 to15 years, so this classic will be returning to the Gaiety stage for one week only.
‘With a full set coming over from Proscenium Stage Rental and, of course, those classic pedal cars, be prepared for the biggest and best cake fight ever as those splurge guns will be making an appearance.’
Originally written and directed by Alan Scott in 1977, the famed film version garnered 15 award nominations and won Golden Globes, an Oscar and two Baftas. It starred famous names such as Scott Baio as Bugsy, Jodie Foster as Tallulah, Bonnie Langford as Lena, and even featured Michael Jackson and Paul Daniels.
James said: ‘JT Productions feel that the talent of the children on the island is so high with so many current shows proving this! This is a show not to be missed.’
Characters needed include:
- Bugsy, the hero of the story: charming, charismatic and upbeat
- The ever so charming and comical Fat Sam
- The very sophisticated Tallulah
- Stylish and extravagant Dandy Dan
- Bugsy’s love interest and wannabe superstar, the elegant Blousey Brown
There are also a number of smaller roles including:
- Fat Sam’s Gang: Knuckles, Roxy Robinson, Snake Eyes, Ritzy, Angelo, Shake Down Louis
- Dandy Dan’s Gang: Bronx Charlie, Doodle, Benny Lee, Yonkers, Shoulders and Laughing Boy
- Grand Slam chorus girls and tap dancers: Tillie, Loretta, Dotty, Velma and Bangles
- The famous boxing scene with Leroy and Cagey Joe
- The commander of the stage Lena Marelli
For more information email email@example.com or visit www.jt-promotions.com