Monday, December 28
• Vannin Bridge, Onchan pensioners hall, 2pm. Also Thursday.
• Onchan Silver Band practice, the band room, off Main Road, Onchan, beginners 6.30pm and seniors 7.30pm.
• Ayre WI, Grosvenor Hotel, Andreas, 7.30pm. Call 818194.
Tuesday, December 29
• St John’s Art and Craft Group, Methodist hall, 9.40am. Bring your own art and craft. Call 851364.
• Manx Retirement Association, Onchan/Douglas coffee morning at the Cat with No Tail, Douglas at 10.30am.
• The Tuesday Group, flexible learning room to try your hand at basic crafts, have a chat, coffee and fun, Peel Clothworkers’ School, 1.15pm. Pre-school children catered for. Call 614180.
• Albany Lawn Tennis Club: Social tennis, 7pm– 9pm club night. Wednesdays 10.30am–12.30pm. Club morning Fridays 10am–noon. Friday ladies. Saturdays, noon – 2pm, junior beginners, mini tennis. Sundays 10.30am–12.30pm, club morning All sessions are open to members. Non-members can attend three sessions with no charge. Indoor court available when it rains. Call Pat Sharp 861497 or Jan Gaskill 862144. Private coaching contact Ian Watson 496293 or email email@example.com
• Isle of Man Chess Club, Belsfield Hotel, Church Road Marina, Douglas, 7.30pm. Call 495097.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission hall, 7.30pm.
• Rotary Club of Rushen and Western Mann meet Falcon’s Nest Hotel, Port Erin, 7.30pm.
Wednesday, December 30
• Laxey Sketch Club, informal drawing and painting, Laxey Football Club, Glen Road, 1.30pm-3.30pm, £10pa membership and £2 per session. Call Norman 861125 for more details.
• The Friendship Club for the over 60s, Onchan Baptist Church, 2.30pm. Call 674255.
• Laxey Dog Training Club, Laxey Working Men’s Institute, 7pm-10pm.
• Peel Belles WI, St Patrick’s Hall, Patrick Street, Peel, 7.30pm.