Thursday, January 24
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas from 8.30pm. Call 670773.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Switchback Car Park, 10.30am. Also Sunday, Colby Bridge, 1.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
Friday, January 25
• Peel Lifeboat Ladies Guild Coffee Morning from 10am-noon, St. Patrick’s Church Hall, Peel. Also Quiz Night, 8pm in the Manx Legion Club, Peel.
• Garage Sale at the back of Crossroads Charity Shop, Victoria Street, Douglas. 10am-4pm.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. firstname.lastname@example.org Call 838527 or 451098.
• Friday Lunchtime Choir, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 1.15pm.
• The Link - interesting talks and a buffet supper. Onchan Baptist Church. Call 623415.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Friends of the Peel Centenary Centre Dinner and Quiz, 7.30pm. Call 401787.
• Around the World in 80 Books. St. John’s Mill. 7.30pm
• Special Burns Night evening at The Sulby Glen Hotel. Traditional Burns Supper.
Saturday, January 26
• IOM Anti-Cancer Association Coffee Morning, Port Erin Branch, The Cherry Orchard, 10am-11.30am. Call Pam on 832186
• The Age of Reason: Enlightenment and Neo-Classicism in Europe, by Olga Eggert at The Stable Building, Centre for Manx Studies, Douglas. £30. 10am-5pm.
• Coffee Morning at Ramsey Town Hall, from 10am.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• ME Support(IOM) social meeting at 2.30pm for tea, coffee and chat at The Pavilion Restaurant Port St. Mary.
Sunday, January 27
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Car Boot, Legion Hall, Janet Corner. 12-4pm. Call Kath on 824759.
• Car Boot Sale, Morton Hall, Castletown, 2pm. Stalls £6. Call 673320/481532.
• Holocaust Memorial Service, St German’s Cathedral, Peel, 3pm.
• Sung Evensong with Cathedral Choristers, Holy Trinity, Patrick 3.30pm.
• Hospice January Slumber Party at Broadway Cinema – Dirty Dancing followed by Mamma Mia. 5.30pm. Tickets £15.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Studio 1, The Harbour, Ramsey. 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, January 28
• Living Hope Community Church Unite, Royal Hall, Villa Marina, 10.30am.
• MS Society coffee morning, Cherry Orchard, Port Erin, 1.30pm.
Tuesday, January 29
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228 or e-mail email@example.com
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Manx Gaelic conversational class with Adrian Cain, The Rovers, Douglas, 1pm. Also Manx Gaelic class with Brian Stowell at Isle of Man College, Douglas, 7pm. Call 623821.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm. £2.
• Peel Footlights Youth Theatre, children aged eight-16, Philip Christian Centre, Peel, 4pm. Also Thursday. Call 843819.
• Friends of Scoill yn Jubilee Ladies Pamper Evening. From 7pm-9pm. Ticket £5.
Wednesday, January 30
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.