Thursday, May 2
• Age Concern - Free Computer Training Sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm, Wednesday, Douglas, Drinkwater Street. Also Monday and Tuesday afternoons, 2pm-4.30pm
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Glen Wyllin, 1.30am.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ Hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison (Manx Heritage Foundation) 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners Hall. Friday Intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain (Manx Heritage Foundation) noon at the Manx Museum. Saturday, Intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel. Intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain noon at St. Matthews in Douglas. Advanced 1pm at the Rovers in Douglas. Beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary. Also Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. Call 838527 or 451098.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas from 8.30pm. Call 670773.
Friday, May 3
• Willaston Weekly Drop In Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am-noon.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-noon.
• Garage Sale at the back of Crossroads Charity Shop, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am-4pm.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Friday Lunchtime Choir, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 1.15pm.
• Castletown and District Over 60s Club Afternoon Tea from 2pm-3pm at the Castletown Civic Centre.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
Saturday, May 4
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street Complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Villa Marina, Douglas, 10am-2pm.
• Great Laxey Mine Railway, open every Saturday, 11am-4.30pm.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Car Boot Sale, Mill Rd, Peel, noon-2.30pm. Call 801200
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday at 2pm. Call 812321.
• Save The Children Spring Fair, Port Erin Methodist Church Hall, 2pm- 4pm.
• The IoM Neighbourhood Watch AGM at Ballaglass, Eleanora Drive, Douglas at 6.15pm. Everyone welcome. For more information call 672251.
• The Great Glen Maye Duck Festival y from 1 to 4pm in the National Glen at Glen Maye.
• Soundcheck/Youth Service under 18s disco and live music, Port St Mary Town Hall from 7pm-10pm.
Sunday, May 5
• Walking for Wildlife, Port Lewaigue to Port Cornaa. Meet at Port Lewaigue Car Park, 10.30am. Call 882401 and 462504.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Liverpool Arms, 1.30pm.
• Fishing workshops for beginners, includes both river and sea, bait, spinning and fly fishing, at Adventurous Experiences lecture room, Patrick Road, St John’s, by Kelvin Tastagh, owner of Kelvin’s Tackle, 2pm. Entry £3 donation to RNLI. Call Kelvin on 478224.
• Car Boot Sale, Morton Hall, Castletown, 2pm. Call 673320 or 481532.
• Bride Methodist Chapel Anniversary, 6.30 pm Musical items: Von Quayle Family. Followed by light refreshments. Everyone welcome.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Studio 1, The Harbour, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, May 6
• Bank Holiday Car Boot Sale, Childrens Resource Centre, Braddan 10am - 2pm Bring your own table - Pitch £5. Call 656100 for any information
• Manxaid, Pantomime Derby Carnival Day, Nobles Park, 11am-8pm.
• St James Annual Collector’s Fair noon-4.30pm.
• Erin Arts Centre Monday Luncheon with guest speaker John Wilkinson, 12.30pm.
• Outdoor Car Boot Sale, Michael School Field, noon-2pm, £6 pitch. Call Carrie on 321074.
• Peel Youth Club, V E Day Street Party, at Peel Youth Centre, 2pm-5pm.
• 3 Legged Race, Douglas beach for The Children’s Centre, 2.30pm.
Tuesday, May 7
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm, £2
• Caarjyn ny Gaelgey (Friends of Manx Language) beginners class 7.30pm at St John’s House, St Johns. All welcome. Small charge. Call Joan Caine 843436. Also Wednesday and Thursday.
Wednesday, May 8
• MS Society coffee morning, Harbour Lights, St Paul’s Square, Ramsey, 10.30am-noon.
• Independent Living Centre, Open Day, Ballakermeen Rd, 9.30am-3.30pm. Call 642511.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Rd, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443, 668192 or 647449.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email email@example.com
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Groudle Glen Car Park, 7pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Ramsey Gardening Club, talk by Mark Tuson about a major project in the north of the Island, Quayle Hall, 7.30pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox, Onchan, 9pm.