Thursday, September 5
• Age Concern - Free Computer Training Sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm, Wednesday, Douglas, Drinkwater Street. Also Monday and Tuesday 2pm-4.30pm.
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Onchan Park Car Park, 10.30am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners’ hall. Friday intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain, noon at the Manx Museum. Saturday, intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel; intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain noon at St Matthew’s Church in Douglas, advanced 1pm at the Rovers pub in Douglas; beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary; also Learn Manx with Adrian Cain, beginners noon-1pm, intermediates 1pm-2pm, Manx Museum, Douglas. Admission free. Call 451098.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas 8.30pm. Call 670773.
Friday, September 6
• Manx Artisan Market, Douglas Market Hall, also Saturday..
• Willaston Weekly drop in Centre, Willaston Methodist Church, Barrule Road, 10am-noon.
• The Port St Mary Branch of IOM Anti-Cancer Association coffee morning, from 10am - 11.30am at the Shore Hotel on Gansey. Call Brenda on 833618.
• Drop in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10am-noon.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, 10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
Saturday, September 7
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Giant Car Boot Sale and Artisan Market at The Fun Farm, Whitebridge Road, Onchan, from 10am - 4pm. Call 822143. Pitches £10 for domestic use, £20 for trade.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Villa Marina, Douglas, 10am-2pm.
• Coffee Morning and Table Top Sale, Grove Mount Residential Home, Ramsey. 10.30am-1pm.
• Coffee Morning and Table Top Sale, Methodist Centre, Waterloo Road, Ramsey, 10.30am - 1.00pm. Call 814229 or 812173
• Great Laxey Mine Railway, open every Saturday, 11am-4.30pm.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Michael Heritage Trust - A talk and walk featuring Parts of Old Kirk Michael. Leader Nigel Crowe. Meet in St Michael’s Hall, Kirk Michael for 2.00pm start. All welcome.
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday at 2pm. Call 812321.
• Royal British Legion, Droghadfayle Road port Erin, branch dinner, 7pm, tickets £12.50. Call 834075/321479.
Sunday, September 8
• Manx Footpaths Conservation Group, Sulby Claddagh, 1.30pm.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission Hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, September 9
• Afternoon Tea Dance every Monday, 2pm-4pm, Manx Legion Club, Douglas.
Tuesday, September 10
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228.
• Manx Cancer Help drop in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Royal British Legion, Droghadfayle Road port Erin, friendly lunch soup and sweet teas and coffees £3.50, 12noon, pay at the door
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm, £2.
Wednesday, September 11
• MS Society coffee morning, Harbour Lights, St Paul’s Square, Ramsey, 10.30am-noon.
• Independent Living Centre, Open Day, Ballakermeen Road, 9.30am-3.30pm. Call 642511.
• Computer Training Sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Road, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anybody feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners’ car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email email@example.com
• Manx Gaelic class with James O’Meara, St John’s House, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox.