Thursday, August 7
• Age Concern - free computer training sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Gaelic class with Cathy Clucas, Arbory Commissioners’ hall, 7.30pm. Call 838527.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison, 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners’ hall. Friday, intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain, noon at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Saturday, intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel; intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain, noon at St Matthew’s Church in Douglas, advanced 1pm at the Rovers pub in Douglas; beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary. Call 451098. Arbory Commissioners’ hall with Cathy Clucas, 7.30pm. Call 838527. St John’s House with James O’Meara, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas, 8.30pm. Call 670773.
Friday, August 8
• Drop-in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am-noon.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, Ronaldsway,10am-4.30pm. Also Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Relax Fridays noon-2pm, Trinity Church hall. Bring your sandwiches and enjoy free tea, coffee and company. Call 628374. Also Revive Fridays 5.30pm-6.30pm. Enjoy the company and a faith tea. Call 621004.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• Cloideryn Productions, end of the pier variety show and musicals pop ups. Proceeds to St Paul’s Church tower. In St Paul’s Church hall, Ramsey. 7.30pm. Tickets £5. Also Saturday.
Saturday, August 9
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Michael Heritage Trust - A Guided Tour of the Manx Military Museum, Ronaldsway, Ballasalla commencing at 2pm. Limited numbers. Contact 878342 for availability.
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday and Wednesday at 2.30pm. Call 812321.
Sunday, August 10
• Falconry weekend at the Curraghs Wildlife Park with Phil Gibbons. Demonstrations at 1pm and 3pm.
• Car boot sale, Morton hall, Castletown, 2pm. Call 673320/481532.
• Manx Wildlife Trust. Dune clean at Cronk y Bing. 2pm-4pm. Meet at the car park.
• Indoor car boot sale, Morton Hall, Castletown, 2pm. Call 673320/481532.
• Commemoration of the centenary of the outbreak of The Great War. Creating a Cross of Crosses in Mooragh Park, Ramsey at 3pm.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, August 11
• Isle of Man Students Society Open Day in conjunction with Manx Professional & Educational Services, from 10am. For more information call 668101, or drop in to 41-45 Duke Street, Douglas.
• Age Isle of Man - free computer sessions for people aged over 50 at House of Manannan, Peel. Lift available and coffee shop, 10am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–4.30pm.
• Afternoon tea dance, 2pm-4pm, Manx Legion Club, Douglas.
• Manx Wildlife Trust. Rock pooling at Niarbyl, 6.30pm-8.30pm. Meeting at the car park.
• Shorties, pirate adventure. Children’s soft play centre, Alexandra Road, Castletown, also Tuesday.
Tuesday, August 12
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228.
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Lunch Club, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 11.30am. Call 627742.
Wednesday, August 13
• Manx Wildlife Trust. Lizard watching at the Ayres. 10am-noon. Meeting at the Ayres Visitor Centre.
• Computer training sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Road, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Call in for coffee at St Peter’s Church, Onchan, 11am and 1pm.
• Ramsey Probus lunch, Ramsey Golf Club, 12.30pm. Illustrated talk by Juan Cottier. Call Ian Wells 816404.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anyone feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver Bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners’ car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email email@example.com
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox Onchan.