Thursday, November 27
• Age IoM - free computer training sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison, 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners’ hall. Friday, intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain, noon at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Saturday, intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel; intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain, noon at St Matthew’s Church in Douglas, advanced 1pm at the Rovers pub in Douglas; beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary. Call 451098. Arbory Commissioners’ hall with Cathy Clucas, 7.30pm. Call 838527. St John’s House with James O’Meara, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Gospel message in Ballaugh village hall at 7.30pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas, 8.30pm. Call 670773.
Friday, November 28
• Drop-in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am-noon.
• Garage sale at the back of Crossroads Charity Shop, Victoria Street, Douglas, 10am-4pm.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Relax Fridays noon-2pm, Trinity Church hall. Bring your sandwiches and enjoy free tea, coffee and company. Call 628374. Also Revive Fridays 5.30pm-6.30pm. Enjoy the company and a faith tea. Call 621004.
• Friday Lunchtime Choir, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 1.15pm. All welcome.
• Christmas Fayre, Glen Maye Chapel and Community Centre. Free admission. Santa arrives at 5pm.
• AGM of the Lonan and Laxey Branch of IoM Anti-Cancer Association, Laxey Commissioners boardroom at 2.30pm. Call Theresa on 252725.
• Marown Primary School Christmas fair, 3.30pm-5.30pm, £10 stall. £1 admission.
• Fun, Food and Folk, bowling, hot buffet and guest Shoh Slaynt. Tickets £20. Sureshots Diner, Surestrike Bowling, Ramsey, 6.45pm.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• Manx Wildlife Trust Southern Group, illustrated talk by Craig Whalley, ‘Kayaking the Coast’, Mount Tabor, Port St Mary, 7.30pm, £2.50 at the door.
• A Reception for Hector Duff, Sulby community hall at 7.30pm.
• Peel RNLI, Savoury and wine evening, Peel golf club, at 8pm. Tickets £12.50.
• The Link - interesting talks and a buffet supper, Onchan Baptist Church. Call 623415.
Saturday, November 29
• Christmas Fair, Castletown Civic Centre/Town Hall, 10am – 11.30am. To raise funds for the Castletown and Malew Branch of IOM Anti-Cancer Association. Tickets £1.50 including mince pie. For more information, call Nola 823275.
• Ballachurry Wetlands Work Party, 10am-1pm bring your wellies and work gloves. All welcome. Contact email@example.com
• Christmas Market at The Institute, Laxey, 10am-4pm. Also Sunday.
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, Ronaldsway. Includes the Major Cain VC exhibition. Open Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Christmas fair at Corrin Hall, Peel, 11am - 4pm. Fundraiser for the Friends of the Centenary Centre.
• Arbory Parish Church Christmas coffee morning, in Arbory Parish Hall, 10.30 am Coffee mince pies and lots of Christmas goodies including Fair trade goods.
• Christmas Home and Lifestyle Fair at Braddan Church old hall, 11am-3pm. Entry £1.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Billy Moughton 2014 Darts Cup at the Manor Hotel in Willaston from 1pm. Prize fund of £500. Performance from Dusty Plankton at 9pm. Call Bob Corrin 459118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manx Natural Healing Centre, relax and recharge, 1.30pm-4pm.
• All Saints’ and St George’s Christmas Fair, All Saint’s Church, Douglas, 2pm. Children, come and meet Santa and his elves! Free admission.
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday and Wednesday at 2.30pm. Call 812321.
• Messy Church, Promenade Methodist Church, 3.30pm-5.30pm. No charge.
Sunday, November 30
• RNLI, car boot sale, Morton Hall, Castletown. 2pm-4pm.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, December 1
• Age Isle of Man - free computer sessions for people aged over 50 at House of Manannan, Peel. Lift available and coffee shop, 10am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–4.30pm.
• Afternoon tea dance, Manx Legion Club, Douglas, 2pm-4pm.
• Free life-changing stress / spine / health talks, 6.45pm, Align4Life in Lake Road near Tesco, Douglas, 629444.
• Shorties, pirate adventure. Children’s soft play centre, Alexandra Road, Castletown, also Tuesday.
Tuesday, December 2
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228.
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Lunch Club, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 11.30am. Call 627742.
Wednesday, December 3
• Computer training sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Road, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Call in for coffee at St Peter’s Church, Onchan, 11am and 1pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anyone feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners’ car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email email@example.com
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox Onchan.