Thursday, December 4
• Age IoM - free computer training sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, at Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Family Library, teddy time, 2pm-2.45pm, £2. Also after school drop-in, board games. Friday, storybox, 10.30am followed by craft, 11am, jolly music, 4.15pm-4.45pm. Saturday, sticky fingers, 10.30am-noon. £2. French language classes available Saturday morning. Contact library for more details. Origami, 11am-11.45am. £2.50. Animation workshop, ages 8 and over. £5. Call to book. 640650.
• Christmas Kitchen Gold with Steve Quirke at the Ticket Hall, Douglas railway station. Followed by a supper. Tickets £25. Contact Tammy on 208100. Fundraiser for Douglas and Onchan Branch of IoM Anti-Cancer Association.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison, 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners’ hall. Friday, intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain, noon at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Saturday, intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel; intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain, noon at St Matthew’s Church in Douglas, advanced 1pm at the Rovers pub in Douglas; beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary. Call 451098. Arbory Commissioners’ hall with Cathy Clucas, 7.30pm. Call 838527. St John’s House with James O’Meara, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Gospel message in Ballaugh village hall at 7.30pm.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
• Quiz Night at The Railway, Douglas, 8.30pm. Call 670773.
Friday, December 5
• Christmas coffee morning, in aid of the Port St Mary Branch of IOM Anti-Cancer Association, Port St Mary Town hall, 10am-11.30am. Tickets £1.50. Call Brenda 833618.
• Drop-in for coffee and a chat, Sulby Methodist Church, 10.30am-noon.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Revive Fridays 5.30pm-6.30pm. Enjoy the company and a faith tea. Trinity Church hall. Call 621004.
• Jurby School Christmas Fair, 6pm-8pm.
• Christmas Market, The New Canteen, Ballakermeen High School, St Catherine’s Drive, Douglas, 6pm-8pm. 50p entrance fee, please use the entrance at the back of the building.
• The Friends of St Ninian’s High School Christmas fair, St Ninian’s Lower School, 6.30pm-8.30pm. Admission £1, children 50p.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
Saturday, December 6
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, Ronaldsway. Includes the Major Cain VC exhibition. Open Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Northern Lights Community Centre, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Villa Marina, Douglas, 10am-2pm.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Charity Wonderland Day, Onchan Community Centre, 12.30pm to 4.30pm. Free entry.
• QEII High School Christmas Fair, in the main school hall, 1pm-4pm. £2 entrance (includes entrance into Lucky Programme draw). Children 50p.
• Manx Natural Healing Centre, relax and recharge, 1.30pm-4pm.
• Christmas Fair, All Saints’ Church Hall, Douglas, 2pm-5pm. Hosted by Thomson Travel Netball Club to raise money for the u14s and u16s trip to a tournament in Paris. Admission 50p including refreshments. Contact Pip Cross – 465480.
• Christmas Fair in St Peter’s Church, Onchan, 2pm-4pm. Admission £1 includes refreshments.
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday and Wednesday at 2.30pm. Call 812321.
• Port Erin’s Magical Christmas, 3.30pm-8.30pm.
• Frozen, Millennium Hall, Crosby Playing Fields. 4.30pm. Admission £4.00. Drinks and sweets on sale.
• Manx Youth Orchestra’s Christmas concert, Villa Marina, Douglas at 7.30pm.
Sunday, December 7
• Ballavartyn Eaquestrian Centre arena. Manx charities Christmas Market, 11am-5pm. Over 50 stalls, kids activities. Admission £1.
• Douglas Lifeboat Christmas Cracker at Woodlands, Alexander Drive, Douglas from noon. Tickets from Gilli Cowley, 673340.
• Antiques, vintage and collectables fair, St Paul’s Hall, Ramsey, 1pm-4.30pm. Admission 50p.
• Indoor car boot sale, Morton hall, Castletown, 2pm. Call 673320/481532.
• Isle of Man Family History Society Christmas social at Union Mills Methodist Chapel at 2.30pm. Magic Lantern Show, Carols and ‘Faith Tea’.
• Hospice Isle of Man Light up a Life ceremony at the Hospice, in Strang, 5pm. Bring a torch.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
• Isle of Man Poetry Society presents, Poetry and Points, South Douglas Old Friends, 7.30pm.
Monday, December 8
• Age Isle of Man - free computer sessions for people aged over 50 at House of Manannan, Peel. Lift available and coffee shop, 10am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–4.30pm.
• Afternoon tea dance, Manx Legion Club, Douglas, 2pm-4pm.
• Free life-changing stress / spine / health talks, 6.45pm, Align4Life in Lake Road near Tesco, Douglas, 629444.
• Shorties, pirate adventure. Children’s soft play centre, Alexandra Road, Castletown, also Tuesday.
Tuesday, December 9
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228.
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Lunch Club, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 11.30am. Call 627742.
Wednesday, December 10
• Computer training sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Road, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Call in for coffee at St Peter’s Church, Onchan, 11am and 1pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anyone feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners’ car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox Onchan.