Thursday, July 2
• Age IoM - free computer training sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm.
• Art and creative writing, The Hub, (Thie Rosien, the Old Southlands) Port Erin, 10am-12.30pm (art and writing alternating weekly), £3.50 per session. No experience necessary. Also board games 2pm-3.30pm, £3.50 per session, including refreshments. Chair based exercise at the Hub 3pm-4pm, £3.50 per session. Saturday, Social Fitness (walking/running/indoor exercises) 9.30am-noon, £2 per session. Mats etc provided. Meditation, 5.30pm-6.30pm. Led by IOM Brahma Kumaris. Free sessions, donations welcome. Tuesdays Bridge, 10am-noon. £3 per session, including refreshments. Crafts, 2pm-3.30pm, £3.50 per session. Materials provided. Wednesdays 11am-12.15pm, Yoga, £3 per session. Mats etc provided. Men in Sheds – Tues/Weds/Fri, 10am-5pm, Thie Rosien, Castletown Road, Port Erin. Hobbies and company for men. All welcome.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison, 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners’ hall. Friday, intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain, noon at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Saturday, intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel; intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain, noon at St Matthew’s Church in Douglas, advanced 1pm at the Rovers pub in Douglas; beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary. Call 451098. Arbory Commissioners’ hall with Cathy Clucas, 7.30pm. Call 838527. St John’s House with James O’Meara, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Gospel message in Ballaugh village hall, 7.30pm.
• Harbour Bistro fund raising dinner in aid of St. Paul’s Church, Ramsey, including a raffle, auction and entertainment. Tickets £25, contact Ken on 814182 or 498757.
• Quiz Night at the Railway, Douglas, 8.30pm. Call 670773.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
Friday, July 3
• The Curraghs Wildlife Park, 50th anniversary, open until 9pm, half price entry all day. Also, Saturday and Sunday, Big Birthday Party.
• The second trial Farmers’ Market at Village Walk in Onchan 10am-3pm, veg stall with cakes and preserves, plants, the Apple Orphanage (selling Manx juices) and the Original Manx Fudge Factory.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Willaston School Summer Fayre, 2pm-6pm.
• Revive Fridays, 5.30pm-6.30pm. Enjoy the company and a faith tea, Trinity Church hall. Call 621004.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
Saturday, July 4
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, Ronaldsway. Includes the Major Cain VC exhibition. Open Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Storm Art Cafe, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Carry on at the Courthouse, music and entertainment outside the Ramsey Courthouse, 10am-3.30pm.
• The Friends of St John Ambulance Isle of Man charity Secret Gardens and Hidden Treasures of Ballasalla. An Antique and Collectors Fair will also be held in the Village Hall. Brochures listing the gardens are £4. One brochure entitles two people entry. For more information call Pam Crowe on 834614. Also Sunday.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Villa Marina, Douglas, 10am-2pm.
• NGS open garden at Primrose Lodge, Athol Park, Port Erin. Open 11am- 4pm. Admission £3, children free. Plant stall and refreshments available.
• Great Laxey Mine Railway, 11am-4.30pm.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday and Wednesday, 2.30pm. £7. Call 812321.
• Sporty Church, Bunscoill Rhumsaa’s Auldyn hall, from 4.15pm-5.30pm. Bible-based story and prayer. A Ramsey Baptist Church event. Call 316013 or email email@example.com; see the website www.facebook.com/rbcim
Sunday, July 5
• Onchan Elim Church Flower Festival, 10am-6pm. Admission £1 includes tea/coffee and biscuits. Until Friday 10th.
• Car wash at Marown School, Glen Vine in aid of 1st Marown Scouts. Drinks and home made cakes will be available.
• Car boot sale, Onchan community centre, noon, admission 50p. Call Sheila on 623704 or 480231.
• Yn Chruinnaght Inter-Celtic Festival afternoon of traditional music and dance in Mooragh Park, Ramsey. 2pm-4pm.
• Bride Methodist Sunday School Anniversary, services 2.30pm and 6.30pm, led by Sue and Geoff Collier. Children taking part in both services. Supper will be served following the Evening service.
• Anniversary Songs of Praise for St James Dalby followed by a traditional Manx tea in the schoolrooms, 6.30pm.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, July 6
• Age Isle of Man - free computer sessions for people aged over 50 at House of Manannan, Peel. Lift available and coffee shop, 10am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–4.30pm.
• Afternoon tea dance, Manx Legion Club, Douglas, 2pm-4pm.
• Free life-changing stress / spine / health talks, Align4Life in Lake Road near Tesco, Douglas, 6.45pm 629444.
• Shorties, pirate adventure. Children’s soft play centre, Alexandra Road, Castletown, also Tuesday.
Tuesday, July 7
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228.
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Lunch Club, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 11.30am. Call 627742.
• Whist for Hospice, Michael Methodist Church, 7.30pm, £2.
Wednesday, July 8
• Independent Living Centre, open day, Ballakermeen Road, 9.30am-3.30pm. Call 642511.
• MS Society coffee morning, Harbour Lights, St Paul’s Square, Ramsey, 10.30am-noon.
• Computer training sessions for everyone. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Road, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Call in for coffee at St Peter’s Church, Onchan, 11am and 1pm.
• Ramsey and District Probus Club lunch, Ramsey Golf Club, 12.30pm. A talk by Jerry Carter on his ‘30 years at the Manx bar’. Call John Christal, 812565.
• Golden Memories group, iMuseum, entrance back of Manx Museum, Douglas, 2pm-4pm.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anyone feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443.
• A talk entitled ‘Equal Rights, A Goal Worth Fighting For’ by human rights activist Peter Tatchell, presented by Isle of Man Freethinkers, Douglas Old Friends Club, 7.30pm (doors open 7pm). Free admission but advance booking advised via firstname.lastname@example.org or 664796.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners’ car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email email@example.com
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox Onchan.