Thursday, July 9
• Age IoM - free computer training sessions, Douglas iMuseum, Kingswood Grove, 10am–12.30pm.
• Art and creative writing, The Hub, Port Erin, 10am, £3.50 per session. Also board games 2pm-3.30pm, £3.50 per session, including refreshments. Chair based exercise at the Hub 3pm, £3.50 per session. Saturday, Social Fitness 9.30am, £2 per session. Mats etc provided. Meditation, 5.30pm-6.30pm. Led by IOM Brahma Kumaris. Free sessions, donations welcome. Tuesdays Bridge, 10am-noon. £3 per session, including refreshments. Crafts, 2pm-3.30pm, £3.50 per session. Materials provided. Wednesdays 11am-12.15pm, Yoga, £3 per session. Mats etc provided. Men in Sheds – Tues/Weds/Fri, 10am, Thie Rosien, Port Erin. Hobbies and company for men.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market, Tynwald Mills, St John’s, 11am-3pm.
• Manx Gaelic class, intermediate-advanced with James Harrison, 7.30pm at Arbory Commissioners’ hall. Friday, intermediate-advanced with Adrian Cain, noon at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Saturday, intermediate 10.30am at House of Manannan in Peel; intermediate-advanced with James Harrison 10.30am at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Tuesday, intermediate with Adrian Cain, noon at St Matthew’s Church in Douglas, advanced 1pm at the Rovers pub in Douglas; beginners 7.30pm at Patchwork Cafe in Port St Mary. Call 451098. Arbory Commissioners’ hall with Cathy Clucas, 7.30pm. Call 838527. St John’s House with James O’Meara, 7.30pm. Call 843436.
• Gospel message in Ballaugh village hall, 7.30pm.
• Quiz Night at the Railway, Douglas, 8.30pm. Call 670773.
• Bingo Quiz, Manor Hotel, Willaston, 9pm.
Friday, July 10
• Port St Mary Branch of IoM Anti-Cancer Association cofee morning, St Mary’s Church Hall, Port St Mary, 10am-11.30am.
• Coffee and chat, Onchan Methodist Church lounge, opposite commissioners’ office, 10.30am-noon.
• Revive Fridays, 5.30pm-6.30pm. Enjoy the company and a faith tea, Trinity Church hall. Call 621004.
• Meditation at The Refinery, Duke Street, Douglas, 7pm. Call 467818.
• Ramsey Rocks - Street party with live bands, stalls, bouncy castle and more, 7pm-11pm.
Saturday, July 11
• Manx Wildlife Trust Marine event: Bioblitz, identifying as many species of plants and animals at Glen Elfin and at Port Mooar, 10am onwards.
• Have a go Sailing and have a Go Kayaking with th Venture Centre, call 814240.
• Theatre Tours, Gaiety Theatre, Douglas, 10am. Tickets for adults £7.50, children £4, family £20. Call 600555.
• The Manx Aviation and Military Museum, Ronaldsway. Includes the Major Cain VC exhibition. Open Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4.30pm. Free admission. Donations welcome.
• Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, 10am-5pm. Also open weekdays.
• Green Centre, opposite Iceland, Chester Street complex, Douglas. Information about recycling, energy, insulation and environmental matters. Zero Waste Mann, Isle of Man Friends of the Earth and Manx Energy Advice Centre. Open from 10am.
• Isle of Man Farmers’ Market at Storm Art Cafe, Ramsey, 10am-1pm.
• Great Laxey Mine Railway, 11am-4.30pm.
• Coffee and chat, St Mary’s on the Harbour, Castletown, 11am.
• Middle in Bloom, open gardens in Glen Vine and Union Mills for Isle of Man Anti-Cancer Association. Gardens open each day from 1pm-4pm. Brochures cost £2.50 which covers the cost of entry to all the gardens. Afternoon tea will be available in the Millennium Hall for £4 per person, from 2pm-5pm. Also Sunday.
• Milntown House Tours every Saturday and Wednesday, 2.30pm. £7. Call 812321.
Sunday, July 12
• The Rotary Club of Ramsey Sunday Funday, at Mooragh Park, Ramsey, noon-4pm.
• Car boot sale, Morton hall, Castletown, 2pm. Call 673320/481532.
• Castletown Metropolitan Silver Band rehearsals, Queen Street Mission hall, 7pm.
• Meditation and chat at Pure Inspiration, Ramsey, 7.15pm. Call Gary on 817735.
Monday, July 13
• Age Isle of Man - free computer sessions for people aged over 50 at House of Manannan, Peel. Lift available and coffee shop, 10am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–4.30pm.
• Afternoon tea dance, Manx Legion Club, Douglas, 2pm-4pm.
• Free life-changing stress / spine / health talks, Align4Life in Lake Road, Douglas, 6.45pm, 629444.
• Shorties, pirate adventure. Children’s soft play centre, Alexandra Road, Castletown, also Tuesday.
Tuesday, July 14
• Peel City Women’s Institute talk at the Guild Room at the Methodist Church in Athol Street in Peel. ‘Diving to the Titanic’ with Shaun O’Connell start at 10am. New faces are always welcome. For more information contact Sybil Sharpe on 844454 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Computers for Beginners, Onchan Library, 10am-noon. Call 621228.
• Manx Cancer Help drop-in day, Lisa Lowe Centre, The Old Schoolhouse, Cronkbourne, 11am-4pm.
• Lunch Club, Salvation Army Citadel, Lord Street, Douglas, 11.30am. Call 627742.
• Introduction to iPads. Open to anyone wanting to learn the basics on their iPad or tablet. Bring your own device. Ward Library, Castle Street, Peel. 6pm. Non members welcome.
Wednesday, July 15
• Computer training sessions. Leonard Cheshire Disability, Main Road, Onchan, 11am-3pm. Call 679030.
• Call in for coffee at St Peter’s Church, Onchan, 11am and 1pm.
• Golden Memories group, iMuseum, entrance back of Manx Museum, Douglas, 2pm-4pm.
• Manx Wildlife Trust Marine even: Rock pooling for adults, Niarbyl beach, join Lara Howe for a dinner (one course) and talk, £15 per person.
• Bereavement support group, friendly get together for anyone feeling isolated or lonely after a bereavement, however or whenever it occurred, tea, coffee and a chat, Scholl Centre, Hospice Isle of Man, 5pm-7pm. Call 647443.
• Samba percussion workshop, no experience necessary, Onchan Silver bandroom, off Onchan Commissioners’ car park, 7pm. Cost £3, email email@example.com
• Bingo Quiz, Archibald Knox Onchan.