A Douglas man, accused of sexual assault by penetration, has made a further court appearance.

He can’t be named, unless convicted, due to the Manx Government’s anonymity laws.

The man was represented by advocate Ian Kermode, who previously said that no bail address could be put forward, as Tromode House wouldn’t take the defendant due to complex mental health needs, and Manannan Court would not take anyone on court bail.

On February 5, the advocate said there was still no address available.

He said: ‘It’s an unfortunate situation, with people remanded to the prison because there isn’t an appropriate institution that will take them.

‘It’s a worrying situation.’

The case was adjourned until March 5, with a psychiatric report sought.