A 24-year-old man has been jailed after stamping on his victim’s head and kicking him during an assault.

Connor Lloyd Jackson had previously pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm after the incident occurred on Pulrose Bridge earlier this year.

Yesterday (Thursday), Deemster Graeme Cooke sentenced Mr Jackson at the Court of General Gaol Delivery to 18 months immediate custody.

He was also banned for two years from entering unlicensed premises and banned from buying alcohol in licensed premises.

Deemster Cook said he was ’horrified’ watching the ’abhorrent’ CCTV footage of the ’brutal attack’ but ’clearly’ both individuals had ’had a lot to drink’.

We previously reported that Mr Jackson, who lives at Pulrose Road in Douglas, assaulted a man on May 1 of this year in an attack that involved multiple punches, kicks to the head, and stamps.

The defendant and the victim met at Bordello in Douglas and agreed to share a taxi to get home.

They were dropped off at EVF filling atation on Peel Road where Mr Jackson bought a box of beer.

After walking across Pulrose Bridge the pair started to argue and Mr Jackson pushed the victim which prompted a fight.

Mr Jackson used his knees to pin the victim down and punch, kick and stamp on his head, which was on the kerb next to the road, for around five minutes.

It was said the victim may have fallen briefly unconscious during that time.

Two passersby stopped the fight and called the police.

Emergency services arrived at the scene at 4.45am and arrested both of them for being drunk and disorderly.

The victim was taken to hospital shortly after and was in police custody until he was released when police realised it was an assault.

Mr Jackson was initially charged with causing grievous bodily harm but that was later amended to actual bodily harm after a medical report regarding the victim’s injuries was received.

Deemster Cook called this a ’lucky outcome of [his] violence’.

According to defence advocate David Clegg, Mr Jackson was experiencing remorse for his actions and ’regrets his involvement’ but has very little memory of the incident itself.

He said the defendant had experienced mental health problems during his childhood and had a ’troubled past’.

Mr Jackson had only recently moved to the Isle of Man to live with his father when the assault occurred.

Mr Clegg said Mr Jackson struggled with ’anger management and impulsivity’ due to his mental health issues.