Late TT rider memorabilia sells for more than £3,000 at auction
Formerly property of Derek Williams Isle of Man TT Racer, a collection of Isle of Man TT trophies Photo: Ryedale Auctioneers
A number of TT trophies and medals have been sold for more than £3,000.
The awards came from the late motorcyclist Derek Williams’s estate in Liverpool.
Mr Williams, who raced in the TT between 1957 and 1967, won a number of awards during this time.
His best result was when he came 12th in the 1960 Senior race.
The collection sold by Ryedale Auctioneers, based in York, included iconic Mercury trophies and medals, as well as his motorbike boots and helmets and there was ’plenty of interest’ in the items from buyers keen to own a piece of TT memorabilia.
The auction took place over two days on January 7 and 8 and the total hammer price for the collection came to £3,255, including buyer’s premium.
Mr Williams won 10 trophies in his time racing in the TT, these were:
- 1957 20th Junior Race, 82.01mph
- 1958 20th Junior Race, 83.30mph
- 1958 20th Senior Race, 84.67mph
- 1959 8th Junior Race, 87.45mph
- 1959 17th Senior Race, 88.68mph
- 1960 20th Junior Race, 85.37mph
- 1960 12th Senior Race, 89.13mph
- Auto-Cycle Union 1964 TT Races Junior Race 22nd, 88.24mph
- Auto-Cycle Union 1967 TT Races Junior Race 34th, 83.10mph
- and one other silver trophy lacking presentation plaque
The above trophies sold for £2629.20, including buyer’s premium.
More of his memorabilia has been put up for sale previously, including a Grand Prix ’Completed the Course’ medal, a Newcomers Race medal and a cased Auto-Cycle Union 1966 TT Racers Senior International Race medal.
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |