A decision will be made as to whether Thursday evening’s 7.45pm sailing from Douglas to Heysham will go ahead will be made by 5.30pm.

The Steam Packet has said that that crossing and the return journey in the early hours of Friday morning are both at risk of disruption because of high winds in the Irish Sea.