A man from Braddan has admitted driving while he was disqualified, having failed to take a test at the end of his ban.
Daniel Smith, of Coronation Terrace, also pleaded guilty to having no insurance.
Smith was banned from driving for five years in 2012, with an order to take an extended test at the end of the ban, but had not done so.
He has a previous conviction for driving while disqualified.
Prosecuting advocate Roger Kane told the court that, on July 11, Smith was driving a Citroen Dispatch on Central Promenade in Douglas.
A member of the public flagged down police and told them that Smith was driving whilst disqualified.
Officers located the car parked opposite the old site of Paramount City.
When quizzed, Smith, whose age was not given in court, admitted he didn’t have a valid licence.
Defence advocate Paul Rodgers said that a significant mitigating factor was that the defendant’s ban had expired, and it was only that he had not taken a test.
‘Mr Smith made the ill-judged decision to use the vehicle to obtain an item he purchased on the internet,’ said Mr Rodgers.
‘He accepts it was a terrible error of judgement.’
Deputy High Bailiff Rachael Braidwood said that, either Smith had been driving previously or he had gotten behind the wheel having not driven for 11 years, which she said was also a safety concern.
Mr Rodgers said that his client had pleaded guilty on the basis that it was an isolated decision to drive and the prosecution was not alleging anything other than that.
The High Bailiff said that, bearing in mind Smith’s history, she would require a full probation report before sentencing.
The case was adjourned until November 28 with bail granted in the sum of £500.