It is 30 years since the town boundary was last reviewed.
The current bid to extend is based on the pressure for development land in and around the town.
* The proposed extension is part of the same community
* The proposed extension is an overspill of the existing boundary
* That there is community interest in most public and social services
* Where possible, clear physical boundaries are followed
* That there is insufficient development space within the existing boundary
* The balance of advantage lies in the acceptance of the scheme
The legal process will now be initiated and a public inquiry will be held as part of that procedure.