Manx football resumed after the latest coronavirus lockdown with a raft of fixtures on Saturday afternoon.

Corinthians continued their march to the Canada Life Premier League title with a ruthless 10-0 victory over Douglas Athletic at Ballafletcher.

Sean Doyle was the star of the show for the Whites with a four-goal haul, while there were also braces for Stephen Whitley and Luke Murray and single strikes from Tom Callister and Joao Marques.

Nearest rivals Rushen United avoided a shock defeat to Ramsey courtesy of three late goals at Ballacloan Stadium.

The hosts led 1-0 at half-time thanks to Matthew Montgomery’s goal and doubled their advantage shortly after the hour mark through Kalvin Koske as they appeared on course to claim a surprise win.

But three goals in five minutes ensured the Spaniards turned the game on its head and claimed the three points on offer - no details of their scorers have been received.

Marown moved a step closer to securing their Premier League safety for another season with an excellent victory over Ayre United in Crosby.

Connor Gilbert led the way with a brace and was joined on the scoresheet by Adam Mealin and Cameron Avery as the home side ran out 4-1 winners.

Likewise, DHSOB gave their survival hopes a massive boost thanks to a narrow 2-1 win over fellow strugglers Douglas Royal at Blackberry Lane, with Craig Stewart and Dean France grabbing the hosts’ goals. Taylor Andrews scored Royal’s consolation.

At the other end of the table, St George’s boosted their hopes of a top-three finish with a hard-fought 4-3 victory over rivals St Mary’s a Glencrutchery Road.

The hosts raced into an early two-goal lead as Chris Bass Jr scored direct from a corner, before Ciaran McNulty added a second soon after.

But ex-Geordie Frank Jones reduced the deficit for St Mary’s just before half-time and Matty Kent-Lloyd levelled matters shortly after the hour mark.

However, Geordies soon restored their lead through Nathan Cardy before the youngster fired home his second from the penalty spot.

Jack McVey netted a penalty of his own to set up a nervy finale but St George’s held on to win 4-3.

In JCK Division Two, Union Mills remain on course to win the title after getting the better of Foxdale at Garey Mooar.

Ryan Kelly starred for the Millers with a hat-trick and Sean Trayler scored their other goal, while Jay Chatwood grabbed both for the visitors.

That score was replicated at Victoria Road where Malew claimed victory over Braddan courtesy of goals from Jamie Skillen, Joe Bergquist, Darren Flanagan and Kieran Krypner.

In the south of the island, Douglas and District made a triumphant return to action with a 5-2 win away at Castletown thanks to strikes from Sam Tipper, Daniel Stewart-Clague, Ben Hall - direct from a corner - Daniel Kinley and Lewis Qualtrough.

Alex Crawley and Joel Callow scored the consolation goals for Town.

The other game to go ahead in the second division was between RYCOB v Governor’s Athletic - unfortunately no details of the score and scorers have been received at the time of going to press.

Reports, results and fixtures in Tuesday’s Isle of Man Examiner.